Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My favorites lately. Don't tell me i can only have one.

1.Early mornings, reading hymns and talking about the Lord with Caleb and Lydia

2.My hands being big enough to perfectly envelope a kitten until it feels safe enough to fall asleep...how it sighs every time I do.

3.Out of the Silent Planet and Sigur Ros

4.My chest swelling with pride and pleasure after creating new recipes from the same market list every week with Miriam and Katie

5.Walking to get a coca cola, sitting on stools on the little store's porch, and drinking it straight from the bottle.

6.Feeling like my body is my own again and not a watering hole for parasites.

7.Reading by candle light.

8.Writing letters.

9.Morning oatmeal with cinnamon and a jam made special with tiny Rwandan strawberries.

10.Recognizing and being recognized by girls from my small group

11.Impromptu trips to Ruhengheri, just to get to buy jam and coffee from a store

12.Phonetically learning cheeky German phrases from Johannie and Fionna that I use to
surprise the other Germans, (sounds like {kuk-mah-ver-droightch-kan}: "look who speaks German now...?"

13.Lighting my gas stove top, blowing out the match, sticking the end of the match in a spilt water, and listening to the the sound it makes.

14.Goat kids headbutting when their horns are no more than nubbs, their wreckless valor advancing their bodies.

15.Dancing in a 17 x 11 room to celebrate Immaculate's baptism, with no regard to the fact that I am a Muzungu, lack rhythm and coordination, and that I am unable to stop laughing even after it becomes painful.

16.Writing haikus in english.

17.Praying for loved ones while they sleep.

18.Getting dew on my toes when I walk to borrow milk in the mornings

19.Being so surrounded by the clouds, that I feel like I'm in the midst of the sunrise

20.Afternoons in my rocker with a book and french press.

21.Singing Bob Dylan with Katie on and off throughout the day

22."Full Grown Man/ Suspicious Minds" by Phosphorescent

23.The wonder and ache of missing people.

24.My feet becoming more sure on unlevel ground.

25.Swimming in Lake Kivu by the volcanoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment